E3D-Online is proud to present our highest-precision nozzle for 3D printing yet!
This 0.15mm nozzle allows you to print some really, seriously, very, extremely tiny parts with with a level of fine detail that will blow you away
For complete requirements and specifications check our blog and wiki pages.
WARNING: This precision nozzle for 3D printing has been engineered by E3D to be as user-friendly as possible, but nonetheless has some very specific requirements!
• For use with MG94-ABS, PC-ABS, or PMMA
• Always use clean, high-quality filament
• Requires the use of a geared extruder (e.g. Titan), silicone sock and part-cooling fan
• Keep clean and dust-free to avoid blockage
|# Marks||Nozzle Size|
• Nozzle Size: 0.15mm (obviously!)
• Layer Height: We recommend somewhere in the region of 0.08mm. This proved to be the sweet-spot for us.
• Print Speeds: Make sure to turn your speeds and acceleration down. This is all about precision, and precision takes time. We ran our printers at 18mm.s-1, with outline and infill under-speeds at 75-80%. The overhangs were left at the default 45°, and the minimum infill length at 5 mm.
• Retraction: Stringing can be almost entirely tuned away in your retraction settings, however poor tuning can make things much worse due to the higher extrusion forces and pressures. We were using 1mm at 30mm/s-1.
For a full breakdown of the slicer settings please see the documentation on our wiki!
• All v6 nozzles (including this one!) are backwards compatible, so can be used to upgrade your v5 Hot End
• If you are using a v6 HeatBreak it is recommended that you use a v6 Nozzle.
• 3mm version coming soon!
• The 0.15mm nozzle has no dots, and as such can easily be confused with the 0.25mm nozzle. Store separately!