There are currently no items in your cart.
Customs clearance and duties in a post-Brexit world
Following Brexit, please find guidance below regarding custom clearance and duties:
- VAT/Taxes – Prior to Brexit, customers were charged 20% VAT by E3D at checkout. After Brexit, E3D no longer charges for VAT at checkout. Instead, it’s charged by the country where goods are shipped to. E.g., If you live in Germany, 19% VAT will be added to your order at the point of import. If you have a VAT number registered this will be printed on your commercial invoice for import. You would need to speak to your local authority about how this works in your country as all are different. Some countries are charging the VAT at the point of import which needs to be claimed back by yourself whilst other countries are 0 rating this.
- Duties – If your order value is over your country's free goods threshold, additional duties will also be applied to your invoice. Further information can be found here or through your local authority.
- Pre-payment (Direct payment processing) – This is a fee that's applied to allow the release on shipments and payment of customs charges. Each country is different. You can find more information here.
- Handling Fees – In some cases handling fees are being applied by Local Postal Authorities and are not inclusive of the shipping charge. For more information please contact your local Postal Service.
- Additional charges – You can find information here about additional charges, if applicable.
What if my country isn't on the list?
For more information on customs and import please speak to your local authority. They will have the relevant information for importing to your location.
Please note: Information on taxes and pre-payments are the same regardless of shipping method (FedEx and Royal Mail).