Based on Govt guidance, we are continuing to operate remotely and remain accessible by email but are unable to offer phone support. Orders are being fulfilled as normal with the exception of out of stock items which understandably have a longer lead time. Please bear in mind that there may be delays with courier services. You can report bugs or provide general feedback on this site here.
Scaffold is a water-soluble and break-away support filament that actually works.
Scaffold offers total design freedom, helping you to create complex geometries and complete functioning mechanisms in a single print (with no worries about overhangs!). Part of E3D’s spoolWorks range, Scaffold works best with our Edge and PLA filaments.
For a complete overview of Scaffold and what makes it so special, please see our blog.
• Can be broken away or dissolved from prints in normal tap water
• PVA/PVOH-based but easy to print with low viscosity
• Exhaustively tested for exceptional quality
• Lower heat degradation and easily purged from nozzles
• Designed for perfect compatibility with spoolWorks Edge
• Shipped in a re-sealable bag with desiccant for exceptional dryness
• PRINT TEMP: 215°C
• BED TEMP: From 20°C to 55C ideally, but will cope with bed temperatures as high as 110°C
• PRINT SPEED: ~50mm/s
• You will need to create specific slicer settings to make the best of Scaffold.
• Scaffold needs to be kept dry, use the supplied resealable bag, or even better use this specially designed in-bag spool holder.
• Scaffold will degrade if kept for extended periods in a hot nozzle. Do not allow Scaffold to rest in the nozzle at temperature or you risk clogging and damaging the nozzle.
• Please read the documentation in order to use Scaffold at it's full potential
Note: All 3D printers are unique so adjust settings to taste!