Main purpose of the job:
To support the Finance Manager and the bookkeeping team to ensure that all bookkeeping functions are performed efficiently, accurately and on a timely basis.
Who you are responsible to: This role reports to the Finance Manager
Main tasks of the job
- Timely and accurate completion of management accounts.
- Sales analysis & budget-holder reporting.
- Finance process & continual improvement.
- Management of escalated tickets & issues.
- Responsibility for the AR function including approving invoicing, amendments and credit control.
- Responsibility for the AP function including review, reconciliation and approval of invoices and payment runs.
- Reconciliation of multiple accounts, currencies, and cards.
- Ensure a timely completion of tasks to ensure an efficient month-end process.
- Satisfactory completion of customer support queries that relate to finance.
- Provide analysis and support to the wider company on all financial matters when required.
- Follow all Health and safety instructions, given both verbally, and set out within the company health and safety policy. Always seek instruction on using unfamiliar machines, and use all appropriate PPE.
- You are responsible for your own safety, and the health and safety of others around you. If you need extra training, you must make your line manager aware, and never conduct work in an unsafe manner.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum part-qualified with recognised accounting qualification provider or qualified by experience.
- Experience of completing month-end process including journal posting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Track record of continuous improvement in previous roles.
- Confident to support bookkeepers with AR and AP functions.
- Ability to analyse and provide insightful feedback to budget holders within the business.
- Confident IT user with strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrate our core values.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of Xero, Microsoft Teams & SharePoint/Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience of E-commerce and selling goods overseas.
- Experience of accounting for stock and manufacturing companies
- 20 days holidays in a complete year, increasing to 23 days after 2 years continuous service and 28 days after 5 years continuous service (excluding the public/bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health Champions
- Death in Service (on completion of three months service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- £500 CPD Budget (on completion of three months service)
- £200 Wellbeing allowance (on completion of three months service)
- Company Sick Pay (on completion of three months service)
- We Care – 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
Sadly due to the volume of applications received we are unable to provide feedback to candidates not invited to interview
Please state your salary expectations.
Strictly No AgenciesApply Now