Main purpose of the job:
You are responsible for ensuring all company products and services meet our defined quality standards before they go to market; ensuring legal compliance and accreditation compliance; understanding customer expectations and needs, outlining quality standards and the development and implementation of quality control processes. You will also be responsible for document control, Health & Safety procedures, company and customer audits.
We have a flexible hybrid model where we expect everyone to work in our Chalgrove office in Oxfordshire at least 3 days per week. This is to continue building relationships, collaborating and developing our team.
Main tasks of the job
- Maintain and develop the company's quality procedures, standards and specifications with the aim to retain ISO9001 accreditation.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Report business regulatory requirements for environmental sustainability.
- Review customer requirements and make sure they are met.
- Work with purchasing and engineering departments to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Define and implement quality procedures throughout the manufacturing and production process to ensure customer impact is minimised.
- Monitor internal and external quality performance by gathering relevant data and produce reports to highlight issues.
- Manage all customer complaints, assigning them to the correct departments and monitoring resolution performance.
- Review existing policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them. Evaluate the effectiveness of improvements made.
- Set up and maintain Document Control procedures.
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety.
- Use relevant quality tools and make sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
- Ensure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- Prepare for and facilitate internal customer audits and carry out supplier audits with purchasing department.
- Train and manage a team of quality control technicians.
- Look at ways to reduce rejects and increase efficiency.
- Follow all Health and safety instructions, given both verbally, and set out within the company health and safety policy. Always seek instruction on using unfamiliar machines, and use all appropriate PPE.
- You are responsible for your own safety, and the health and safety of others around you. If you need extra training, you must make your line manager aware, and never conduct work in an unsafe manner.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Quality Management certification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidence and courage to drive change
- Working knowledge of relevant software tools and computer literacy
Desirable skills and experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- 6 Sigma
- 20 days holidays in a complete year, increasing to 23 days after 2 years continuous service and 28 days after 5 years continuous service (excluding the public/bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health Champions
- Death in Service (on completion of three months service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- £500 CPD Budget (on completion of three months service)
- £200 Wellbeing allowance (on completion of three months service)
- Company Sick Pay (on completion of three months service)
- We Care – 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
Sadly due to the volume of applications received we are unable to provide feedback to candidates not invited to interview
Please state your salary expectations.
Strictly No AgenciesApply Now