Main purpose of the job:
You are responsible for process implementation, maintenance, and optimisation, supporting production to ensure that products are delivered on time and in full.
This pivotal role collaborates across all production areas over our two Chalgrove sites. Therefore you will work full-time onsite.
Main tasks of the job
- Supervising the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner.
- Implement new manufacturing technologies
- Take ownership of manufacturing equipment setup and maintenance
- Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations.
- Provide technical support and training within the production teams
- Ensure reliability of all manufacturing equipment
- Take responsibility for the capabilities of the production facilities equipment
- Take ownership of process improvement
- Ensure design files and information are kept up to date, according to the quality processes in place (Risk Assessments, PFMEA…)
- Review and analyse data from the production monitoring system
- Create work instructions for products
- Create technical reports and documentation as required
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing, and production personnel to improve production, costs and labour required.
- Work cross departmentally
Essential skills and experience
- Engineering qualification
- Experience working in a production and engineering environment
- Experience in process implementation and optimisation
- Experience with process and quality documentations
- Able to embrace change whilst adopting a positive attitude
- Superb analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Lean six sigma
- Understanding of 3D printing or technical experience
- Experience with CAD software
- 20 days holidays in a complete year, increasing to 23 days after 2 years continuous service and 28 days after 5 years continuous service (excluding the public/bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health Champions
- Death in Service (on completion of three months service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- £500 CPD Budget (on completion of three months service)
- £200 Wellbeing allowance (on completion of three months service)
- Company Sick Pay (on completion of three months service)
- We Care – 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
- Bereavement Counselling
- Probate Helpline
Closing date: 13th February 2023
You will receive a reply when the role has been taken down and a shortlist compiled.
Please state your salary expectations.
Strictly No AgenciesApply Now